L1 to H4 COS and vice versa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H4 COS and vice versa

I am right now working for my company on L1. Since my project will be over soon, rather than leaving for India, I plan to stay back in US by applying for COS to H4 (my husband is on H1).
    After the COS, in case if i get a new project from my company can I start work again on the same L1 petition or will my company have to file a new petition all over again.

Thanks in advance

Once the L1 to H4 COS is approved, you are no longer on L1 and if you want to get back on L1, the company has to file a COS amendment again provided all other L1 requirements are met and you can only begin work after the L1 COS is approved.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      Alternatively, can I continue to stay in the US on L1 as I would be taking leave without pay. Is this legally allowed or is there any time limit on the leave when on L1.

Comment

Leave without pay to hide non-project period is illegal. You should change to H4 and do the right thing than look for illegal workearounds.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X