Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa stamping at Chennai Consulate

H,
    I went for my H1B Visa stamping and H4 Visa stamping for my daughter in the last week of May,2008 at US Consulate at Chennai.

I gave I129,Labor,I797 paperworks. Visa interview was very simple. The counseller asked me whether I am returing to US and I said yes. She asked what i am doing in US? I told her. She asked whether my daughter was in US earlier? I said yes. She said that your visa is issued.

Akil

221 (g)-Pink Slip at Chennai Consulate-Is this the Final Stepin the process??

Hello All,
    Wasnt sure if I can create a new thread for my query and also I am a new member.

I went for H1-B stamping at the Chennai Consulate during my vacation. I was already working in the US on H1-B.
    VO said they need to know more about the nature of my work and handed over the pink 221 (g) slip.. Vo also returned my paapoprt and asked me to answer all Q's on the pink slip

Interview date: 7th May, 2008.
    Submitted e-mail response vis e-mail on 13 th May
    Online status changed form "Pending process" to "send passport" on 18th June, 2008.
    Submitted passport to VFS on 19th June, 2008 morning..

However VFS says they havent still recieved my passport back from the embassy

My understanding is that the process is complete and my passport has gone for stamping.... Am I right??.. How much more wait would there be before I get back my passport

Any replies on this will be helpful

Comment

VFS at Chennai is not giving correct update on whether they received the passport or not. They said both my passport and my daughter's passport were available in their local office and I can go and collect. I went there and I could get only my daughter's passport and not mine. Next day I checked again with VFS and went to their office to collect my passport. So dont worry. You will get your passport.
      Akil

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X