Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is public disclosure of H1B labor required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is public disclosure of H1B labor required?

At every H1B renewal, my company displays my H1B labor petition (which has salary information) on all notice boards through out the company for 2 weeks. As I am the only H1B worker and that too on a management level, this is embarassing for me. Does anyone know if this is required to be done or if there is another way the intent of this disclosure can be met?

Praetorian or txh1b: any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally posted by patil
    At every H1B renewal, my company displays my H1B labor petition (which has salary information) on all notice boards through out the company for 2 weeks. As I am the only H1B worker and that too on a management level, this is embarassing for me. Does anyone know if this is required to be done or if there is another way the intent of this disclosure can be met?

Praetorian or txh1b: any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

This is really strange. At least I am not aware of thie rule. In the past I have worked for a company where even COO was also on H-1b. However, never got chance to see his salary except in the public reports where he had mentioned his salary with the other executives. Also, currently, I may have atleast 500 people in my comapny working on H1B (even at Top level) However never heard this kind of stuff.

Comment

Rule or no rule ...

... you're in management and getting a fat check, why worry?

Comment

It is required by law to post the LCA on the notice board. The company is just following the intructions.

Mine was also posted, but there was nothing to be embarrassed about as I did not make much anyway.
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by DMX17
          It is required by law to post the LCA on the notice board. The company is just following the intructions.

Mine was also posted, but there was nothing to be embarrassed about as I did not make much anyway.

I did learn something new. I have to check if they have post it anywhere? If yes, then I might be embarrassed too

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatic10me
            I did learn something new. I have to check if they have post it anywhere? If yes, then I might be embarrassed too
            Rich guy, eh?
            Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

Rich guy, eh?

RICH GUY??? C'on sir, Still paying my student loan, Have been using 2000 series second hand car model and just started living without roomies. Please don't make fun on students sir

Comment

All right. I hear you. I will shut up now. I was just joking.
                Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

Talk to ...

... your attorney or call up USCIS.

Personally, whether it's a rule or not, hardly any company does it and its not a good idea anyway.

Good luck.

Comment

It is required to post that info in a public place without the name as per the law. Your company is following the law and doing the right thing.

"On or within 30 days before the date the LCA is filed with ETA, provide notice of the employer's intent to hire H-1B or H-1B1 workers. The employer must provide this notice to the bargaining representative of workers in the occupation in which the H-1B or H-1B1 worker will be employed. If there is no bargaining representative, the employer must post such notices in conspicuous locations at the intended place(s) of employment, or provide them electronically. "

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by knowledgeable
                      ... your attorney or call up USCIS.

Personally, whether it's a rule or not, hardly any company does it and its not a good idea anyway.

Good luck.
                      All companies that hires H1b workers have to do that and every company that I worked for did that. It was our lunch time favorite place to hang out and see how much some of the suckers were making, of course by guessing from the position described in LCA. If not, they are not following the law and should be fined.

All DOL labor certification data is anyway available for public viewing on the internet at flcdatacenter website.

Page 7, Section 4 (iii)

Last edited by txh1b; 06-23-2008, 09:51 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Have a look at the form used for getting an LCA. You will be able to convince yourself that the employer is required to do this.

Now, whether all employers do it, I know nothing. If the employer is doing the required things, leave them alone or waste your time and effort.

Section F item 4 of ETA 9035

Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
                          It was our lunch time favorite place to hang out and see how much some of the suckers were making.
                          It's all for good. I don't know what the big deal is.
                          Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

It's all for good. I don't know what the big deal is.
                            Provides room for healthy competition (grins and frowns). Fun part was knowing how much the managers make and during the boom time, we fresh grads made more than some of the people already working there for 2-3 years. Many got laid off during the early 2000s anyway :-(

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X