Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping for a new employer

Hi All,

I am in some sort of problem.Currently on an onsite deputation for a big Indian company and they are asking for a 3month notice period in India since I had signed some bonds in India after I resigned.

I have a approved petition from my new employer whom I haven't yet joined. I want to know if there would be any problem if I go back to India and get a fresh stamping done..

My only problem is that I don't have any paystubs for my new employer as I haven't started working for them. I have all pay stubs for my current employer.

Thanks

All these companies use scare tactics regarding the bonds signed etc. You can talk to others in similar position and see if it matters.

As far as stamping goes, you can go work there for sometime and come back with an unexpired/new visa as long as the company and job are genuine, I see no problems.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi Thanks for you reply..

But my scenario will be like this...
      I will have paystubs from my current employer for the month of June.
      And if i go for a stamping in 2nd week of July with approved petition from my new employer, and paystubs from my current employer.

Will it be a problem in this case?

Comment

Originally posted by kkoolabhi
        Hi Thanks for you reply..

But my scenario will be like this...
        I will have paystubs from my current employer for the month of June.
        And if i go for a stamping in 2nd week of July with approved petition from my new employer, and paystubs from my current employer.

Will it be a problem in this case?

Why are so concern abt your stamping? you can use your old stamping as long as it is not expired.

Comment

My old stamping is getting expired in two weeks time.

Comment

Originally posted by kkoolabhi
            My old stamping is getting expired in two weeks time.
            In my opinion, I don't see any problem either way, You can go for stamping based on your new I-797 and let them know that you will be joining this new employer once you come back. Make sure you take your offer letter and other req. documents. Obviously if you have not worked for the company, you won't have payslips.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatic10me
              Obviously if you have not worked for the company, you won't have payslips.
              I second that!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X