Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Question

Hello Friends,
    I have been reading quite a bit on the site and you are very helpful in sharing your experiences as well as preparatory documents. Here is my scenario and hoping you will pitch in to help me prepare.
    1. I managed to get an interview with an American firm through my brother and they sponsored me for H1B. I have an approved H1B from an engineering company with 300 employees.
    2. I have a BE in Industrial Engineering.
    3. I have worked in India as a trainee, employee for 1 company for 6 months, relocated and worked in QA (IT).
    4. Total experience is about 2 years.

My Questions are:
    1. In addition to the standard list of documents provided by attorney, what other documents should I keep with me from India side?
    2. Same as above question, but from the US side?
    3. How is the chennai consulate in Visa Stamping?
    4. Can they reject visa stamping even though I have an approved H1B?
    5. Any recent interview questions, that you can share?

Thank you for your help.
    I will post my experience once I complete my consular visit.

See the home page section on H visa.

What do you mean how is Chennai consulate? Its a nice US consulate stamps a lot of visas. You have to take your interview at the consulate under jurisdiction of which you are a resident of.

Yes, an approved H1 petition can also be rejected. Or additional documents can be requested through 221g. The credible your employer is, more are the chances you'll be successful.

Comment

Thanks

Orion,
      Thanks for you quick response. What I meant "How is Chennai Consulate" is how are they in granting H1B visa - tough, nitpicky on the documents etc.

Comment

Tough If the credentials of the candidate and company are fishy.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

credentials are ok

txh1b,
          Credentials are all legit and company is well established in business for 28 years with greater than 20 million dollars in revenue per year. Just trying to get a gauge on how the consulars are and anything low hanging fruits to avoid.

Comment

Then you are fine. No reason to worry. The consulars just do their job and are not there just to reject visas.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X