Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Credentials

Hi,

I applied for H1b Visa for 2009 and mine is picked in the lottery also got approved by USCIS. Now only the local Consulate Interview is left. But, I have the following problem.

My qualification is, I am a B.Com graduate + Aptech Diploma (2 years) and Microsoft Certifications. I have 9 years of IT Experience and now working in a very very big company.

Will chennai consulate reject me becoz of my qualifications or they will issue
    H1B by considering my work experience and the company I am working now. (since USCIS approved my case). Please can anyone reply to this.

Thanks

H1b visa approval has two factors.

One is the candidate profile which seems okay from what you described if your experience is genuine.

Two is the employer and their history. If it is a consulting company that works like a bodyshopper, the visa will most likely result in a 221g.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

Thanks for your reply.

I think the company I applied is a software company. Not a consultant. I afraid becoz of my Qualifications. My 9 years of experience is a genuine one. Also rightnow I am working in a company (for the past 2 and half years) which will come in fortune 10 companies. So, VO won't bother about my qualifications, right ?

Once again thanks for your reply.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with your qualifications. H1b requires a bachelors degree and each year of study that you lack can be substituted with a 3 year experience.

Getting the I140 approved for you for a green card will be tough though not impossible. Well, that is a long way to go and you don't even know if you want to stay in US or work and go back.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X