H1-H4 COS, Please help, S.O.S!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-H4 COS, Please help, S.O.S!!!

I am on H1 in University Job and it will expire on Oct 19,2008. I am getting laid off very soon( in a week or so). I want to trasnfer to H4 on my wife's H1. I need to do a COS. My question is am I legal as soon as I send the H4 COS form or will I be legal as soon as I receipt from INS or should I have to wait for the full H4 application to be processed.
    I am from Science background and very illeterate in these matters of visas. Some one please help. After studying for 6 years and working for 3 years getting out of status in not an option for me. Please help.

COS matters

I am on H1 in University Job and it will expire on Oct 19,2008. I am getting laid off very soon( in a week or so). I want to trasnfer to H4 on my wife's H1. I need to do a COS. My question is am I legal as soon as I send the H4 COS form or will I be legal as soon as I receipt from INS or should I have to wait for the full H4 application to be processed.
    I am from Science background and very illeterate in these matters of visas. Some one please help. After studying for 6 years and working for 3 years getting out of status in not an option for me. Please help.

---- Apply for the COS immediately and you will be in legal status. Receiving the receipt and then the approval is part of the process. Do not get carried over with the background and other such matters, they are part and parcel of one's life while in the US on such Visas

---- At least you have the option of a COS. Good luck. Many others do not even have this luxury and cannot even think of it

Subramanya

Comment

Subramanya Sir, Thank you very much for your advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X