I am on H1 and my wife was on H4. On Oct/1/2000 my wife got H1. But she did not start working. Now I understand that her H4 is not valid anymore because now she is on H1. As she is not planning to work in the near future, she needs to go back to H4.

(1)To convert from H1 to H4, I need to attach her pay slips. As she does not have pay slips, will she be considered as out of status?

(2) Does she need to go out of the country to get H4? If so, India is better choice or Canada?