Baby born in USA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby born in USA.

I got H1B ok, my wife will apply soon for H4, ok.. now I have to ask you that if my baby will born in USA then he/she is Citizen of USA as time of born?? right or not? and what about H1 - H4 parents means me & my spouse?? on that (baby born) bases we will apply for Green Card or citizenship something??
    if baby is citizen at time of born, then any benefits to parents or not?? like for long stay or changing status from H1 - H4 to GC or citizenship... please guide me..

Baby becomes a citizen by birth ok. Parents remain in their non-immigrant status ok. Child can sponsor after 18 years ok. At that time, the wait will be another 20 years probably ok. So you will be your current age + 18+ 20 years and if you still want to be in US or not at that time is questionable ok.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks lots.. uhhhh my GOD.. better to apply for GC....but if I not able to change status into GC then I have to Leave USA after non-immigrant limit is over (6years)? Right..

Comment

thanks lots.. uhhhh my GOD.. better to apply for GC....but if I not able to change status into GC then I have to Leave USA after non-immigrant limit is over (6years)? Right

---- Absolutely

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by himanshu2277
          but if I not able to change status into GC then I have to Leave USA after non-immigrant limit is over (6years)? Right..
          Depends. You need to familiarize yourself with the immigration process. You are trying to get ahead of the game. First land here. There are too many hurdles to pass between H1b and GC.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Ok

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X