No announcement yet.

L1 to H1 status change - Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were one, do you think I would be hanging out here giving out free service?

What if I said, I just pull the answers out of thin air without knowing squat about it? Just kidding.

I know a tiny winy bit about it and I have too much free time as I don't work

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Ya, you are right attorney's are very expensive in US. Nice to have a person like you in the forums. It is very very helpful for ppl in trouble. Appreciate all the help.

Comment

I got approval yesterday. I will be traveling in a week to India. Wanted to ask you a quick question. You have been anwering lot of queries, from your exp. do you suggest Delhi or chennai for visa?

Comment

Does not matter if your employer credentials are fine. Try to go to the one that has jurisdiction in your area of residence if appointments are available.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Can someone help me finding a cover letter for consulate for unauthorized work. I have 3 months of unauthorized work on L1. I got change of status but continued to work on L1 until I got a project on H1.

Comment

Talk about it when asked. No point in a cover letter. If you want to write one, how difficult is it to compose one?

Comment

Do you think cover letter from attorney would make a difference?

Comment

Comment

How could an attorney justify you working on the wrong status?

Comment

At the end of the day, cases like yours are in the hands of the VO and the rules they need to follow. No difference who writes what.

Comment

L1-H1B(Not applied as COS) -TxH1B plzzz suggest.

Hi

I am working on L1B Visa for Comp A in USA and this year(2008) i have applied H1B and selected in lottery.

I have applied without my I-94(means not as Change of Status) because i was aware that if you have applied as COS then you will have to start working for company on H1B from 1st OCT.My queries are -

1) Can i work after OCT 2008 on my L1B visa?and later on go back to my home country and do the H1B stamping and enter on H1B.(I dont want to come on H1B from coming oct because USA market is not good and my project is also going good.)

2) If I will continue on L1B visa then my approval of H1B will remain valid ?

3)Can i apply COS after Oct2008(In March 2009)?? Or I have to go back native country for H1B stamping,As i have application applied as CP not COS?

4)Is it mandatory to start work on H1B after Oct 2008 or i can switch on H1B later on anytime??(Consider I have applied without I-94)

5) If i will continue working on L1B then will it create any problem at the time of H1B stamping in future?Since employer has applied CP even i am here in USA?

Please suggest what I should do? Which will not create any problem for H1B petition?
                        Waiting for your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X