H4 - Pims Verification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 - Pims Verification

Hello Senior Members, I was wondering do I need to do PIMS verification for my wife’s H4 visa. I have changed the employer in Feb and received a new I-797 earlier this year. She will be applying for H4 after our wedding at Mumbai consulate in July. While taking online appointment, I had been asked to fill petitioner related information. Was wondering is that good enough or still need to do PIMS verification? Appreciate your help

Please guide me txh1b/DMX. I know you guys told me in the past that its requiered but is it also req at Mumbai as they are asking this informatin when you actually take your appointment?

Comment

In general, all petitions approved after PIMS was put into place are being entered in there automatically. Since, this petition if from Feb, 2008, it would already be there in the system. Also, there is no advance verification in the consulates in India. Mumbai might be different as they collect the docs couple of days in advance and they might have already verified it by the interview date.

In short, PIMS will result in a max delay of 2-4 days which is acceptable for many. Allow time for this by attending the interview immediately after the wedding just in case and don't book your tickets to fly back close to the visa appointment dates.

Oh, Congrats!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
        In general, all petitions approved after PIMS was put into place are being entered in there automatically. Since, this petition if from Feb, 2008, it would already be there in the system. Also, there is no advance verification in the consulates in India. Mumbai might be different as they collect the docs couple of days in advance and they might have already verified it by the interview date.

In short, PIMS will result in a max delay of 2-4 days which is acceptable for many. Allow time for this by attending the interview immediately after the wedding just in case and don't book your tickets to fly back close to the visa appointment dates.

Oh, Congrats!

Thank you sir. I will post my experiance once I come back as I will be following your guidance in so many areas. Like, I will be coming back with my previous valid visa stamped for previous emlpoyer along with the new I-797 from the current employer. Also, not going for the stamping and only my spouse would be applying for H4 based on my I-797. and ohh also, will be returing all I-94s this time (not only white card) Appreciate all your help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X