X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4- Greencard!

Hello Friends,

I have a unique problem.

My parents had filed for my green card, in early 70's.
    Which I was eligible for, but never took.

They were in US then, and I in India.
    After they got their GC they moved back to India and due to some problems submitted their GC.

My procedures were also stopped. I used to get letter from American Consulate till I turned 18, if I wanted to get my GC. We did not opt for it and never replied back.

The last letter was received saying hereby we r closing your file.

Now I m going to US on H4. The questions I have are:

1. In DS-156 form what doi write in "36. Has any one ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf?"

2. What are the chances of me getting Green card?

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes, you have to mention it.
    2. Which one? The old one is gone. You can get one with a new petition based on eligibility of your spouse.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you for ur response.

Sir i wanted to know, that should i attach the last paper received from US consulate along with DS-156?

Regards
      Last edited by radhika143; 07-06-2008, 06:03 AM.

Comment

You need not attach anything. You can just carry it with you. Just answer the questions on DS156.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you sir, i have still one doubt.

Do i need to get my middle name and last name changed on passport before going for visa? cant i go on my maiden name??

Regards
          Last edited by radhika143; 07-06-2008, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Of course you can go with your maiden name. There is no rule that the name should be changed after marriage.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X