Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer help (on OPT)

Hi,
    I am working for employer A on an internship (OPT). Employer B filed for my H1 and it has now been approved. However employer A has given me a better offer and I would like to continue here. Can I get my VISA transferred without any problems considering that I do not have the VISA approval papers and that I am still on OPT? Can this get done smoothly without company Bs knowledge..

Thanks for your time!

It can be done if you have the H1 approval notice copy from employer B.

Employer A files a new h1 (not subject to cap because you have been already counted) using employer B approval copy. No pay stubs needed if you do this before Oct 1st.

I wonder if this wil make employer B mad though.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

You should stop diverting people.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Urgent Request regarding H1 Transfer

I'm presently on OPT and i joined the job in jan 03,2008 and my job ended on june 27, 2008. My employer has filed for my H1B this year and it got approved. The problem is i lost the job and my employer is telling me that he will cancel my H1B visa if i dont find a job within 15 days. Please help me what should i do?
        Any response would be greately appreciated.
        Thank you.

Comment

When does you OPT expire?

You can file another H1 (again not subject to cap) using the old approval notice copy obtained from the old employer.
          Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
            You should stop diverting people.
            Posting some reference to a thread that might be useful is not bad thing. I still don't know what upsets some people.

Do you still need me as a partner in crime? I don't care if you don't. There are many people who are waiting for my yes.
            Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

Originally posted by DMX17
              Do you still need me as a partner in crime? I don't care if you don't. There are many people who are waiting for my yes.
              Now this is bargaining and negotiating an already nogotiated and agreed upon offer.. Just the way people get a new offer after the H1b gets approved by A and wants to join B.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X