Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help in L2 to H1 transfer..Urgent

Hi,
    My wife is working for employer A on L2 EAD. Employer B filed for my H1 and it has now been approved(H1 with COS Oct 1st). However my wife wants to continue the job with employer A. What is the process for transferring H1 from Emp B to EMP A with out any issues through oct 1st( when actually cos from EAD to H1).
    1)What are the documents she need to submit for H1 transfer.
    2)Will she need to submit any paystubs from her emp A.
    3)does she need to keep the same resume which she used for original H1 filing? The company A HR is having different resume with them.Will submitting different resume for H1 Transfer cause any issues in the transfer?

All your help is appricated. hoping for a quick response on this as we have to take decison soon.

Thanks,
    BYk

Your wife cannot continue the job with employer A on L2 if your status changes to h1b with whichever employer. You also need a COS approval for your wife from L2 to H4 otherwise she will be out of status.

Agian, if COS is approved, no work for L1 employer after Oct 1st. It is illegal.

Your H1, even if transferred to A will render her working status illegal.

1. Whose H1 is approved? Yours or hers?

Lying on the resume and immigration forms can lead to permanent ban.
    Last edited by txh1b; 06-30-2008, 05:52 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Need help in L2 to H1 transfer..Urgent

txh1b,
      sorry for the confusion.Its not my H1-B which got approved. My wifes h1-b got approved. here is the whole thing again. main concern is about question 3.

My wife is working for employer A on L2 EAD. Employer B filed forher H1 and it has now been approved(H1 with COS Oct 1st). However my wife wants to continue the job with employer A. What is the process for transferring her H1 from Emp B to EMP A with out any issues through oct 1st( when actually cos from EAD to H1).
      1)What are the documents she need to submit for H1 transfer.
      2)Will she need to submit any paystubs from her emp A.
      3)does she need to keep the same resume which she used for original H1 filing? The company A HR is having different resume with them.Will submitting different resume for H1 Transfer cause any issues in the transfer?

All your help is appricated. hoping for a quick response on this as we have to take decison soon.

Thanks,
      BYk

Originally posted by txh1b
      Your wife cannot continue the job with employer A on L2 if your status changes to h1b with whichever employer. You also need a COS approval for your wife from L2 to H4 otherwise she will be out of status.

Agian, if COS is approved, no work for L1 employer after Oct 1st. It is illegal.

Comment

I have answered the main concern.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Need help in L2 to H1 transfer..Urgent

Hi txh1b,
          thanks for quick response.Sorry to bother you again.I did't find the reply for the 3rd question.

Please keep in mind that my wifes H1got approved and she has to transfer from L2 to H1 before oct 1st.

Appricate your help.

thx,
          byk.

Originally posted by txh1b
          I have answered the main concern.

Comment

Lying on the resume can lead to termination from the job if caught and doing so on immigration forms can lead to permanent ban.

It is not wrong to highlight and put more emphasis on a particular skill that you possess for a job but it is wrong to say you worked as a BA while you were a Developer.

On similar grounds, you could have learnt Java on your own while working on C ++ projects. It is okay to say you know Java (not you worked on Java Projects) if you have the skill while applying for a postion that needs Java.

Got the point?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X