Few doubts on H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few doubts on H1B

1. If case is applied as a COS from L2 to H1B and it gets approved, doesnt it required stamp on the passport ? Or do we need to go for stamping after cos is approved?

2. If petition is approved for H1B while on L1B with consular processing, are 6 years calculated together e.g. l1b+ h1b = 6 or H1B will have separate 6 years?

Thanks
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

1. Not stamping needed if the approval notice comes with an attached I-94. Otherwise, it is needed.An approval does not mean COS is approved.
    2. It is 6 years total unless the person spends 1 year outside the US.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b

I see a similar post added recently, but its answer is not clear much.

Is it possible that my wife works with company A on L2+EAD and have an approved H1B with COS from company B.

Can she transfer a new H1B to company "A" and start working on H1B instead of L2+EAD (from oct 1st) ?
      I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Very much possible. But whoever the employer is, after a COS is approved, L2 is no longer valid.

Similar case
        Last edited by txh1b; 06-30-2008, 06:32 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you,

Your information is very helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X