Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa stamping and transfer of H1

Dear Members,
    Here is my situation. I have a valid petition and H1B visa from company ABC till Apr 2010. I recently got a job offer from another company XYZ and in the process of transferring my H1B. My marriage is fixed in Dec 08 and I have to travel to India then.

My questions are:
    1) Do I need to again go for stamping in India before coming to USA in december as I will have a valid petition from company XYZ by then?
    2) can my wife go for H4 visa stamping showing my H1B visa from company ABC without me going for restamping?
    3)Also company XYZ will be filing my Green card within a month of joining. Will me/my wife have problems due to this for our h1b/h4 visa stamping?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by catcharbind
    Dear Members,
    Here is my situation. I have a valid petition and H1B visa from company ABC till Apr 2010. I recently got a job offer from another company XYZ and in the process of transferring my H1B. My marriage is fixed in Dec 08 and I have to travel to India then.

My questions are:
    1) Do I need to again go for stamping in India before coming to USA in december as I will have a valid petition from company XYZ by then?
    2) can my wife go for H4 visa stamping showing my H1B visa from company ABC without me going for restamping?
    3)Also company XYZ will be filing my Green card within a month of joining. Will me/my wife have problems due to this for our h1b/h4 visa stamping?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    1. NO
    2. YES
    3.NO

Comment

For #2, your wife has to show your new I797 and paystubs from XYZ for her stamping. Your visa from ABC has no value for her stamping and it does not matter what the name of the company is.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
        For #2, your wife has to show your new I797 and paystubs from XYZ for her stamping. Your visa from ABC has no value for her stamping and it does not matter what the name of the company is.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X