Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

221(g) passport submitting, if in abroad ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) passport submitting, if in abroad ?

Hi,
    I had my counslate interview in chennai by dec '07. The VO asked me my degree certificate and second question was my US company tax docs. I was not provided with one, from my consultant. So he gave a 221(g) Blue slip with all most all the options ticked in it, to be submitted to drop box,except passport.
    Luckily my consultant provided all docs and i dropped them in 2 weeks. I got a reply from them last week, again a 221(g) with a note saying to submit my passport alone. No other ticked.
    The issue now is, i am placed in Thailand by my company for long term basis. Can i submit my passport through courier or friends, when i am outside the country ?. Will it be a legal issue if i am abroad without passport temporarily ?.
    Can someone please help me with answers ?.

Your passport should not be mailed overseas by courier or mail as per Indian government restrictions. You may have to travel or ask the consulate if they can transfer the case to Thailand for stamping which would mean further delays.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot, txh1b. I was not aware of this restrictions. Will better travel to get it fast !.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X