H1B Petition Expiry date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Petition Expiry date

I got 221(g) for AAP and after two years I received one more 221(g) by post asking client letter and other things to drop the documents in drop box with passport. In the blue form they mentioned that If i dont respond with in one year my application will be expired.But in my I797 the application is going to expire on 30th September 2008.

My petitioner is saying that it takes time to send the documents and also saying that dont consider the Petition expiry period.. we have One year time
    to answer the query as mentioned in the 221(g) form. Is it true?

Please explain the case clearly that what happens if I send the documents after my petition expired. Because the late is caused due to 221(g) query..thats not our fault..

Please answer in detail.. Thanks in advance

please reply...

Comment

Petition has to be valid for a visa to be granted. If a 221g resulted in petition expiry, the employer should plan on renewing it. Otherwise, no point in responding to the 221g as the visa will not be given on an expired petition nor will you be allowed to enter US.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X