No announcement yet.

L1 to H1B COS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are right point 3 doesn't make any sense.I am bit tensioned.

sir I will be going out of from US in 29th of Sep and coming back to US in 7th of Nov. does this gap make any issue? almost one and half month gap ?

thanks you very much

Comment

Originally posted by krajamk
      you are right point 3 doesn't make any sense.I am bit tensioned.

sir I will be going out of from US in 29th of Sep and coming back to US in 7th of Nov. does this gap make any issue? almost one and half month gap ?

thanks you very much
      Hi again,

I am just told by my friend that while returning back into US, at POE, POE office would be able to see my details and he would come to know that my status got changed to H1B. if I enter into US with L1A status. he might question me that

1.why do you want to enter into US with L1A status when your status got changed to H1

2. officer might cancel my H1B complete as any given time a person should not have 2 approvals L1 & H1.

In that case if I enter on L1A there are chances to loose H1B

do you guys agree with the above point. please respond - Thannks

Comment

Your friend is damn right. Tell him to keep his advice to himself. If you want to follow his words, feel free.

1. That is your choice. No one can force you.

2. Great! But that ain't true.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
          Your friend is damn right. Tell him to keep his advice to himself. If you want to follow his words, feel free.

1. That is your choice. No one can force you.

2. Great! But that ain't true.
          Hi txh1b

you are saying POE office do not cancel my H1B right?

he will not ask any question while giving me new 194 for my L1A Visa?

Thanks

Comment

I am tired answering the same thing again and again.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b

you are saying POE office do not cancel my H1B right?

he will not ask any question while giving me new 194 for my L1A Visa?

Thanks
              You are good to enter on L1A as long as you have a valid visa and L1 petition copy/job. H1 will not be canceled at the POE.
              Check out H1 FAQs first!
              http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
                I am tired answering the same thing again and again.
                If the OP comes back and says "just to make sure again....", I am no longer a member.
                Check out H1 FAQs first!
                http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by DMX17
                  If the OP comes back and says "just to make sure again....", I am no longer a member.
                  very glad to hear that

Comment

Hi,

I have photo copy of H1-Petition with 1-94 attached to it. there is no start date on it though however there is another small slip(detachable) just besides to 1-94 there is date on it as 10-1-2008. it is return like "keep this slip for your records" .just above 1-94 it is return like "tear it off and attache to the existing 1-94 if any" like I said I do not have original H1 papers with me.

I will be coming back to US after 1st Oct to be on L1 status.

My question is
                    when I go out of US, do I need to return both L1-I94 and H1-I94?

thanks for your help

Comment

My question is
                      when I go out of US, do I need to return both L1-I94 and H1-I94?
                      You ask the same question that has been answered on the same thread. My post from 07-10-2008, 12:13 PM #15 on the same thread answers this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X