h1b f1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b f1

Currently on Opt. H1b petition approved but I plan to go for Masters from fall. What do I need to do to remain on F1.

Another wasted visa!

Comment

thanks for the comment. If it was possible I would have been more than happy to give the approved petition to someone who wants it, but since its not possible, I am sorry for wasting a visa.

Comment

In your case I atleast hope that you paid for it

Comment

Your case is complicated enough as your F1 status will get terminated on Oct 1st if the H1b was a COS even if you join a school in Fall.

You would need to get a new Sevis record created I guess and enter with a new stamp if you want F1. Talk to your DSO.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by C4us
            Another wasted visa!
            Well, it may not be a waste of a visa. After the OP gradaduates, s/he may use the H1 under the "remaider option".

OP just made a reservation that s/he may use later
            Check out H1 FAQs first!
            http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Except there are people ready and willing to work in October with no visa. It is a small comfort to them that someone has a 2009 approval and is not going to use it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X