Can i go for another H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i go for another H1

I have got two petitions numbers from two compalies. i have a bond with company A and didnt atteneded the visa interview. I dont have any bonds with company B and attended the visa interview and got H1 B Visa in Jan 2008. Now Company A people are asking me to go for H1 B Transfer. Can i go and attend the visa again & will it effect the Company B H1? And is there any chance to know about this for Company B?

Company A already have my H1 papers. Is it possible to transfer my H1 B company B to company A? How much expensive is to transfer the H1
    Last edited by ravikumar; 07-07-2008, 09:30 AM.

No transfers involved or needed in this situation. Just use the existing visa and come join whatever company you want to by showing the approval notice (I797) of that company at POE.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

txh1b,

Could you please explain it in detail.

I do agree no transfers needed in this situation. But he can get the 2nd H1b stamped again (now he'll have 2 h1s) and work for both legally right (intention here is to make money.....ofcourse unfortunately we have only 24 hrs )

Comment

I did not think the intent is to work for 2 companies. The intent is to work for one company and no new visa stamp is needed for the other company. The existing stamp in conjunction with a I797 of the company one intends to work for can be used to enter.

If the intent is to work for two companies, the H1b has to be amended for concurrent employment and then one can work for two companies and must be paid accordingly all the time.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

aah Okay.

If the intent is to work for two companies, the H1b has to be amended for concurrent employment and then one can work for two companies and must be paid accordingly all the time
          I thought people can get the 2 h1bs simultaneously as is (meaning how 1st one was filed) I never knew the 2nd h1b has to be ammended and informed the stamping authority that this is for a part time job or some thing like that....

Thanks again!

Comment

Not to the stamping authority but to USCIS to change the H1bs to concurrent.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X