Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1

Hi

Iam now working in US on L1 B Visa and it expires on 31 October 2008. I have applied for H1 and got selected in lottery, however my case is still pending as they had asked for some addition documents.

Meanwhile, I have been asked to move to my native (India), by my company over here and am going back by July end 2008. My consultant told that I might face some issues if I go back to India as he had applied my visa using my L1 I-94.

Can you please clarify me whether, me going back to India would have any negative impact on my H1 B to get processed succesfully ? Also, if it is selected, will I be facing issues when I appear for the Visa to get stamped ?

Waiting for your reply
    Vignesh

No issues due to your anticipated move back. H1b just gets processed but without a COS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Iam new to this community and to H1 processing. Can you please tell me the best place where I can find the explanation for COS and its alternatives ?

Comment

Change of Status happens if you are in a different valid status in the US and it changes to another status if USCIS approves it. They send a new I-94 indicating the change of status. The alternative is CP - Consular Processing where one gets a visa stamp and enters on the new status and gets the I-94 at POE. Look for more details on immihelp or google for it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

L2 EAD help

Hi,
          I am currently on L2 with my EAD.
          My husband is on L1-B.
          My visa is expiring next June and my EAD is expiring next May.

The problem is :My husband and me have to go to India and get L1-A instead of renewal of L1-B.
          Now,will my L2 also be changed..in the sense..will I get a new L2 visa?
          Also,since my EAD is expiring in May 2009 and idealy I can apply for renewal 4 mnths before it expires,can I go ahead and apply for renewal of EAD.
          Does EAD renewal depend on visa?

Also,if my husband's visa petition changes, will I have to apply for new EAD?
          I am currently working and am planning to take a leave of 1 mnth for getting new visa by gng to India.

If that is the case then it may take me 45-50 days to get my new EAD based on new petiton.Can I not work for that time?
          Will the company accept this reason?

Please help.

Comment

Your EAD validity date depends on the L2 I-94 date. If your husband is getting a new visa stamp, you can also get a new stamp therby extending your visa date and upon entry, you will get a new I-94 for an extended period. That way, your renewal EAD will have a greater duration.

L2 EAD depends on L1 holding their status and L2 I-94 date.

Comment

Does that mean...that new petition and new visa i.e from L1-B to L1-A will not have effect on my EAD i.e my EAD can be renewed and I need not put in a new EAD request.
              Also,
              this implies I cannot apply for EAD renewal before hand as there is gng to be a visa renewal right?

Comment

L2 status remains the same for any type of L1 visa. if your spouse has his L1A approval as extension of stay and has also taken care of L2 extension during the process, you can apply for EAD extension based on the approved I-94 extension by USCIS.

If L1A was not approved as EOS with an attached I-94 to the petition, then you are better off applying for EAD renewal upon returning from your trip. Also, the I-94 should be valid when you apply for EAD and when it gets processed as USCIS issues EAD based on your status (L2). If you travel while processing, you return the I-94 at exit and can no loner be holding L2 status as you exited the country.

In short, you can apply while in the US provided the constraints are met.

Comment

Thank you very much for your advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X