Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 COS and H1 Transfer

Hi txh1b and other senior member
    i went to many threads in this forum but my situation is little different.
    Presently I am on L1B VISA through company A, and my H1(COS) is approved through company B(which is a small consultant)... meanwhile I get a chance for interview and selected in a good company C, now company C will be applying for my H1 transfer within 2 weeks.
    My Question is
    my project is over in US and company A is sending me back to India in 1 week.
    so will it create any problem in transferring H1 from company B to company C.

No. That H1 will be in the future and so no issues with the transfer. You have to however get a visa stamp and re-enter on H1b and cannot continue to stay in the US after the L1 ends.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks a ton txh1b,
      the current H1 Approval which I have is COS, so will it be possible for the Employer C to apply as CP.
      because once i will leave US, the COS is not going to work,
      am i suppose to return the I-94, while leaving US which i have in bottom of I129 form, please advise.

Comment

Employer C can apply as CP. The I-94 start date is after Oct 1st. It does not make a difference if you return it or not as the I-94 record goes by the number and gets closed as long as one with the same number (current I-94) is returned.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X