H1 transfer and going to india

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer and going to india

Hello, thanks for reading this post. Your suggestion will be highly appreciated.
    I have couple of questions.

1) I have a offer from Company B, I have given my papers, and they have told me,that they have send the papers to Vermont office of USCIS. They also provided me with the tracking number. They told, me that they are doing premium processing for this. I don't know, when will be the safe time, to resign from Company A ? When, will I get my new I-797/petition?

2) My joining date for the new company is on 28 July, and in the mean time, I want to go to India for 3 days, can I do that? Won't there be any problem ?

3) While returning back, what type of questions/papers will the immigration officers, ask from me, because, I am going to join the new company?

Thanks For you help

1. You can start with them anytime after the petition was delivered to USCIS. Safest bet would be to wait for approval though it is not needed.
    2. Not safe to travel even if possible.
    3. Not recommended while pending due to complexity involved with travel. Once approved, you can travel. Just carry new approval notice, offer letter. last paystubs from old company. That is pretty much it. You need to present the new I797 during entry.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      Is approval notice and I-797/petition two different things OR same?

Comment

Same.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

On the same note, can you please tell me how long will it take for the petition to arrive for premium processing?
          I checked the ups site, and it there it is displayed that they have received the package today. I am trying to book my tickets to India, based on the tentative dates - when I might get the I797 in my hand.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X