X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 b problem urgent

Hi ,

I came here on jan 2008 and got two pay stubs and transfer to company B,

i work for 2 months with company B and they terminated me because they didn't find job for me,but still my h1 transfer is in pending.

Employer B said, we will notify the INS after 1 month for revocation.

After happening this,i contacted my employer A and they ready to take me and they said still maintains my visa.Now i m going back to india for some reason.

Can i back to US with employer A?

Regards,
    Raj

Yes

You should be able to get back in the US with the previous I797. But make sure your previous employer still has your H1 with them.

Comment

But not getting paid and remaining on H1 puts one out of status and will cause problems in the future. H1b requires one to be paid all the time, that is the law!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I agree

txH1B - I agree with no second thought.

Originally posted by txh1b
        But not getting paid and remaining on H1 puts one out of status and will cause problems in the future. H1b requires one to be paid all the time, that is the law!

Comment

I did not say that because I thought you were disagreeing with me. I just wanted to point out that OP was out of status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Friends,

Be aware of your rights. Charging for H1B processing is illegal. Charging for any training is ILLEGAL. NOT PAYING ON BENCH IS ILLEGAL. To make things simple for you I am listing all the lawsuits from the following site and summarizing the findings. Dept of Labor has it very clear. Not paying on becnh is illegal. A person is considered on bench if the employment is not properly terminated.

Look at all these cases
            The U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Administrative Law Judges, is the trial court for most Department's formal adjudications, such as black lung and longshore workers' compensation programs, nuclear and environmental whistleblower cases, OFCCP enforcement actions, Workforce Investment Act disputes, permanent and temporary alien labor certications, and a wide variety of other case types.

Charging for H1B processing is illegal. Charging for any training is ILLEGAL. NOT PAYING ON BENCH IS ILLEGAL
            2003-LCA-12 Neerja Rajan vs International Business Solutions
            2006-LCA-29 USDOL Vs Avenue Dental

You must complain to DOL if you feel you have been wronged. There is no time limit for complaining. You can complain even if you had to leave USA. You can complain from India. The judge will listen to your case on phone. You DON’T NEED A LAWYER. THE DOL WILL FIGHT THE CASE ON YOUR BEHALF. YOU JUST NEED TO MAKE A COMPLAIN TO DOL
            2004-LCA-6 Amtel vs Yongmahakapakorn ( Rung)

Employee need not ask for bench pay. Employer must give even without asking
            2005-LCA-36 Zhaolin Mao vs George Nasser

Employment is not terminated unless employer does the three things –
            1) Give employee notification of termination
            2) Inform INS
            3) Offer return ticket

Employer cannot retaliate against employee( if employee complains to DOL) by cancelling his/her visa. This is because complaining to DOL is protected activity.
            2006-LCA-9 USDOL vs Clean Air Technologies

Employer needs to pay employee what amount is mentioned in LCA even though employe may be making extra money through other sources
            2004-LCA-21 USDOL vs Pegasus Consulting

Employer must pay even though employee has lied in resume

Your LCA doesn’t stop even if you convert to another visa. The employer has to pay you till end of LCA unless there was bonafide termination of employment i.e. notification to INS etc

Interest must be paid on backwages
            2006-LCA-9 USDOL vs Clean Air Technologies

Employer is personally responsible for the LCA violations. The DOL can make the employer pay from his own pocket by piercing the corporate veil. Company formation doesn’t remove liability of employer as an individual. The bodyshopper cannot declare bankruptcy to run away from his obligations
            2001- LCA-10 USDOL vs Mohan Kutty
            2004-LCA-40 USDOL vs Home mortgage
            2005-LCA-42 USDOL Vs Priority one software

In case employer fails to affect a bonafide termination then backwages need to be paid till end of visa period.

Courts will impose additional fines and penalties on employer.

Employer cannot mask bench time by deception by making you sign leave of absence letter
            2003-LCA-22, USDOL vs Synergy Systems
            2002 – LCA-22 USDOL Vs Novinvest

Employer is required to keep LCA ( all immigration papers) for Public examination and give you your visa papers. If employer doesn’t give immigration papers then he cannot terminate you. That means you must be paid as there has been no bonafide termination. The employer is required to keep LCA papers near the *******/coffee room.
            2003-LCA-15 USDOL vs Ken technologies

Employer cannot park visa by taking calculated risk

Courts understand that employee is desperate to maintain his/her visa status and sometimes is late for filing complaint

Most bodyshoppers are willful violators. Civil penalties will be imposed on them
            2004-LCA-40 USDOL vs Home mortgage
            2006-LCA-26 USDOL Vs API Accounting
            2003-LCA-22, USDOL vs Synergy Systems
            2006-LCA-26 USDOL Vs API Accounting

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...