L1B to H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1B

One of my friend came to USA on L1B through employer A on 5 months back.
    His H1 B petition through employer B (USA) was approved in 2007. It was not yet stamped. Company C in USA is offering a job for him through H1 transfer. What will be the effects if he can stay in USA with COS (if approved) to work for employer C. Please respond.

Nothing unusual. He just has to quit working for L1 company immediately after COS approval of H1b and start work there. No grace period allowed for taking care of notice period or the likes and will constitute illegal employment if a person continues work on L1 past the COS date.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hello,

The COS will happen only after Oct 01, correct ? So you are saying the person should stop working on L1 only after Oct 01 and not before that, correct ?

Please let me know.

Comment

That is correct.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks. txh1B.
          You seemed to be an expert !!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X