Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typo in i797

Hi,

My employer sent me the I797c today. But unfortunately, the company name has a typo error. (Last two letters are missed and employer says its not a problem at all...)

How safe is to take this i797 to consulate to get it stamped?

If the employer is fine then you should be too Go try your luck. They dont really seem to care, did you pay for your visa processing?

Comment

Nope!

But he says, they'll check company based on some unique number and name doesnt matter much.

Will it be a problem in future, like transfering, or at POE?

Comment

Any pointer??

Comment

Is it the company name or your name that has an error? Both of them can be corrected by contacting USCIS if it is their mistake.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Txh1b,

Employer is forcing me to go to consulate and says, these are small issues (Company A with My Name typo), and easily we'll get the visa and tells me stories...

Will it not be a problem in future? Or may be during the stamping itself.
            Last edited by sachih1; 07-17-2008, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Minor typos don't cause much problems as such but visa will be issued as per the name in the PP. The VO at their discretion can decide what to do.

Is your employer that is forcing you to come to US ready to pay you for bench pay once you land here and let you maintain your legal status? That is something you need to be worried about as it means "status" to you and "money" to them.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,
                In my case we had minor typo in name of petitioner, we had our interview on 24th June and we get our H1B and H4 visa approved,

In your case please exactly check the gravity of typo and proceed,

I think change in I797 at USCIS takes lots of time,

Best luck,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X