H1B Travelling Date 21st Sept?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Travelling Date 21st Sept?

We got our first time H1B and H4 visa on 24th June, we are planning to travel from India on 21st Sept 2008 to US, (Flight time at 03:10 AM on 21st Sept 2008 from India reaching about 03:00 PM at US).

As per visa stamp in passport "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL UNTIL 21-SEP-2008",

Will it be okay to travel on 21st Sept 2008 and reach US (Newark) on 21st Sept 2008?

Please advice,

I think Stamping can be done at anytime but entry has to be after Sep 21st 2008
    Last edited by OMM; 07-18-2008, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Yes, you can enter 10 days before H1b start date.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1B Visa Stamping Experience

Hi egypharm,

Could you please share your H1B Stamping experience

Regards,
        Babu.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
          Yes, you can enter 10 days before H1b start date.
          Dear Sir,
          Thanks for your response,

Can I travel from India (Ahmedabad) on 21st Sept and reach US (Newyork) on 21st Sept?

Mine is first H1B/H4 and our starting date is 1st Oct 2008,

Please advice,

Thanks with regards,

Comment

What are the visa date's on your passport. Does it say valid from 21st sep or 1st october?
            Please advise.

Comment

H1B will start entry from 1st october as per Petition of H1B, you will enter into USA 10days before.

Comment

Originally posted by egypharm
                Dear Sir,
                Thanks for your response,

Can I travel from India (Ahmedabad) on 21st Sept and reach US (Newyork) on 21st Sept?

Mine is first H1B/H4 and our starting date is 1st Oct 2008,

Please advice,

Thanks with regards,
                As the comment says NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL UNTIL 21-SEP-2008, that means, you can travel on 9/21. If they don't let you in, stay till 12 midnight in the airport, get your immigration done on 9/22

If you are confused, use 9/22 for travel and play it safe.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I checked with the lawyer, because my wife's case is similar to yours. The stamping says starts from OCT1 but it will allow people to enter 10 days prior to the start date.So , you should be good to enter..

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
                    If they don't let you in, stay till 12 midnight in the airport, get your immigration done on 9/22
                    Is that possible? Passengers deplaning are required to go through immigration right away I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by orion
                      Is that possible? Passengers deplaning are required to go through immigration right away I guess...
                      I was just kidding. The passenger in question here can travel fine.

I would assume if an entrant enters at 4-5pm and is not admissible until 12 midnight, they might just let them wait instead of going through removal proceedings. It is just my guess. I have posted a link to CBP manual, may be I need to look if they have something in there.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X