Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Status after B1 entry expires and before stamping of H1b?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status after B1 entry expires and before stamping of H1b?

Hi

My current 1 yr entry on B1 expires on August the 3rd. My H1b is approved which I plan to get stamped from Canada. My current appointment is 28th august. What will be my status between these 2 dates and should I try to get it stamped before 3rd aug or is it ok?

Thanks

You lose your authorized stay after I-94 expires and should leave the country before that. Otherwise, visa stamping and future entry are at stake.

You can enter on H1b only after sept 21st.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

sept 21st????

my H1b approval is from 1st august 2008 till 31st july 2009. Can you plz throw a lil more light. Thanks

Comment

May be yours is not from the new 2009 fiscal year or it is cap exempt. I assumed it was Oct 1st.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

yes this is exempt from the cap!

so if this is approved from 1st Aug, can I go to canada on 28th August for interview although my B1 I-94 expires on 3rd August? What will be my status in between? Is it bad?

Thanks!

Comment

Does not matter if it is cap exempt or not, you have to leave before August 3rd or will become illegal and face visa issues.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X