Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B & H4-B renewal

Hi,

i'm on H1-b visa,about to complete my first term and due for renewal in sep'08 .My wife who is on H4-B currently has recently received her H1-B approval.The questions i have in this regards are

1. After i file for my renewal and before we receive the approval, can we go out of the country and come back in?

2. If we prefer to apply premium process, can the renewal happen quicker and how sooner will i receive my new petition? what are the related fee ?Please advise

Regards,
    Raj

H1 and H4 issues

i'm on H1-b visa,about to complete my first term and due for renewal in sep'08 .My wife who is on H4-B currently has recently received her H1-B approval.The questions i have in this regards are

1. After i file for my renewal and before we receive the approval, can we go out of the country and come back in?

---- Generally, it is considered that you are abandoning your application. However, if the cause for going out of the country is justified like an emergency of life and death, then you will be able to overcome the hurdle

2. If we prefer to apply premium process, can the renewal happen quicker and how sooner will i receive my new petition? what are the related fee ?Please advise

---- Yes, the premium process will enable you to get the approval within 2 weeks. For this you will have to pay a fees of an additional $1000.00

Subramanya

Comment

Thank you

Hello subramanya,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards,
      Raj

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- Generally, it is considered that you are abandoning your application. However, if the cause for going out of the country is justified like an emergency of life and death, then you will be able to overcome the hurdle
        Not true, travel can happen fine and re-entry too but travel is not recommended just for the hassle involved with it. Search for 'cloning' on the forum for a USCIS memo and posts from user meetmeatohio.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X