Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 approval 2008

Hello,

I filed for my H1b this year. The employer, in May told me that my case has been picked up by USCIS in lottery and approved for processing.
    He gave me a receipt number. I check the status everyday and it says "Case received and pending".

Could you tell me how long does it take for the H1 to get approved ?

Should I ask the employer to give me a copy of the receipt that they received from USCIS just to confirm that the receipt number is mine ?

Thanks.

H1 Dilemma

I filed for my H1b this year. The employer, in May told me that my case has been picked up by USCIS in lottery and approved for processing.
    He gave me a receipt number. I check the status everyday and it says "Case received and pending".

Could you tell me how long does it take for the H1 to get approved ?

---- By this time you should have received your H1 approval if everything has gone well

Should I ask the employer to give me a copy of the receipt that they received from USCIS just to confirm that the receipt number is mine ?

---- Yes, you should have the receipt with you to ensure that it is applied in your name. Only the receipt gives the name of teh recipient/beneficiary (yourself) and the petitioner (employer)

---- Enquire with your employer and attorney to ensure that everything has gone alright, otherwise you will not know anything about your H1

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      I sopke to them and they said they still did not get my approval yet.
      When I go to the USCIS site, I see that the USCIS received my status on May 09, 2008.

Could you tell me why is this delay happening ?

Comment

H1 Dilemma

Thanks for your reply.
        I sopke to them and they said they still did not get my approval yet.
        When I go to the USCIS site, I see that the USCIS received my status on May 09, 2008.

Could you tell me why is this delay happening ?[/QUOTE]

---- Eitehr your employer is hinding something or the receipt does not belong to you.

---- You do not seem to have enquired about a copy of the receipt (that will tell you if it has your name on it)

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for your help !!!

Yes, I have not yet asked him. I've mailed him now.
          When he send me how do I know its's authentic or not ?

Should he send me a hard copy by postal mail or should he scan and send me in an email ?

Is there any chance of my H1b getting rejected ?

Please let me know.

Comment

H1 Dilemma

Yes, I have not yet asked him. I've mailed him now.
            When he send me how do I know its's authentic or not ?

Should he send me a hard copy by postal mail or should he scan and send me in an email ?

---- This is the third time that I am repeating the same answer. The receipt should have your name on it. A scanned copy or a hard copy does not matter nor does it make a difference as long as it has your name on it as the beneficiary

Is there any chance of my H1b getting rejected ?

---- Yes, there are possibilities and may be that's the reason the employer is also not informing you (this is pure speculation, however, you know your situation better than anybody else.

---- Once again, speak to your employer and ask him in plain terms what is your status and what did he do about the petition. If possible speak to the attorney (probably they will handle this as well as other cases)

Subramanya

Comment

Hello jugnu_22.. I am in the same boat.. desperately waiting.. even mine was picked on May 9th ..gosh this wait is killing me.. so did u ask for the receipt copy ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X