Hopefully i'll get some expert Help !!

I am on H1 visa expiring on Sept 30th 2008
    same date on I-94 card

and now i 've got my new approved petition till Sept 30 2011
    with New I-94 till Sept 30 2011

the problem is i want to travel to India in August for a week
    and i'll come back before August 10

My Questions are :

1) When i go out which I-94 form i need to return ?? the old one attached in my passport with expiry date of 30 sept 2008 OR the new one with expiry date of sept 30 2011 which is attached to my new approval notice

---- You need to return both the I-94's at the Port of Departure. Both of them are invalid once you leave the country. When you return you will a get a new I-94 at the POE

2) When i come back what date the Officer will put on My New I-94 at the POE ??? will he put sept 30th 2008 based on my current visa expiry OR sept 30,2011 based on my New Approved Petition..

---- This date will be Sept. 2011 based on the new H1 approval petition (You have to show the petition to get that date)

3) What if he Puts Sept 30, 2008 ?? do i need to leave the country before that date and get another visa from Canada or Mexico ??

---- If you show the new pettion, you will get the date as mentioned above. Next time when you travel overseas you will have to get a new Visa stamped on your Passport and then enter the country with a new I-94. Remember everytime you enter the country you will get a new I-94.

Subramanya

Leave a comment:

• monkonmission
    started a topic New I-94 with Approved Petition

New I-94 with Approved Petition

Hi Guys,

This is my first time posting here..
    Hopefully i'll get some expert Help !!

I am on H1 visa expiring on Sept 30th 2008
    same date on I-94 card

and now i 've got my new approved petition till Sept 30 2011
    with New I-94 till Sept 30 2011

the problem is i want to travel to India in August for a week
    and i'll come back before August 10

My Questions are :

1) When i go out which I-94 form i need to return ?? the old one attached in my passport with expiry date of 30 sept 2008 OR the new one with expiry date of sept 30 2011 which is attached to my new approval notice..

2) When i come back what date the Officer will put on My New I-94 at the POE ??? will he put sept 30th 2008 based on my current visa expiry OR sept 30,2011 based on my New Approved Petition..

3) What if he Puts Sept 30, 2008 ?? do i need to leave the country before that date and get another visa from Canada or Mexico ??

Thanks for all your answer in Advance !!
    Keep up the good work..
Working...
X