h1 extension issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 extension issue

My h1 is valid till 2008 October, employed with company A.Sometime back in October 2006 i was on bench for some period of time, i was worried what would happen to me
    In that desparation , i started looking for other consulting companied for
    h1 transfer, I applied to a company B , they said they have transfered the
    h1, although i was not happy with their terms and conditions, and i did not
    join them,they said they will cancel the h1.

Another company C contacted during that time, they placed me for an interview, i got selected.Company C told me they will transfer my h1.

In the meanwhile my original company gave me a better offer and got me a good contract job. Eventually i decided to stay with my current company, and did not take these offers. Now i am within my original company since the last 2 years and i am happy, now the part which worries me is this:-

1. Now my present company with whom i am working since the beginning is filing for extension, i am worried and concerned, what would happen because
    i had previously tried for 2 h1 transfers and did not join them. Can the USCIS take action based on this??Will there be a problem on my extension?

2. What should i do to prevent this issue, could there be a query based on my previous transfers?I have never joined these companied nor have i accepted their offers, what should i do to avoid any surprises from INS
    and preserve my immigration status in this country.

H1 transfers

My h1 is valid till 2008 October, employed with company A.Sometime back in October 2006 i was on bench for some period of time, i was worried what would happen to me
    In that desparation , i started looking for other consulting companied for
    h1 transfer, I applied to a company B , they said they have transfered the
    h1, although i was not happy with their terms and conditions, and i did not
    join them,they said they will cancel the h1.

Another company C contacted during that time, they placed me for an interview, i got selected.Company C told me they will transfer my h1.

In the meanwhile my original company gave me a better offer and got me a good contract job. Eventually i decided to stay with my current company, and did not take these offers. Now i am within my original company since the last 2 years and i am happy, now the part which worries me is this:-

1. Now my present company with whom i am working since the beginning is filing for extension, i am worried and concerned, what would happen because
    i had previously tried for 2 h1 transfers and did not join them. Can the USCIS take action based on this??Will there be a problem on my extension?

---- In short nothing will happen. Your H1 extension will be granted provided all your papers are in order. Not joining 2 companies is your decision and has nothing to do with USCIS

2. What should i do to prevent this issue, could there be a query based on my previous transfers?I have never joined these companied nor have i accepted their offers, what should i do to avoid any surprises from INS
    and preserve my immigration status in this country.

---- Read above

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X