Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Salary Range

Hi,

My H1B is in process by my employer. I have near 8 years of experience with 2 years in Project management. I am currently working as Project Manager in offshore center at Delhi.

Can anyone give guidance on what should be my salary if I get H1B stamping and go to US (New Jersey).

I know it depends on case to case basis, but I want to ensure that i don't fall in low salary range and struggle to survive. I am married and my spouse H4 is also in process along with my H1B.

Looking forward for your replies.

Also, any good web-links providing this information would be of great help.

--
    Rahul

Depends on your H1b position and place of employment. There is no set min for H1b as it depends on the job and LCA would not get approved if the H1b does not meet min wages.

The fact that you have an approved H1b means it meets the min wages. If you rather intended to ask is $X/yr for me a good salary for my experience, say it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Min wages in NJ is around 50K. I feel i deserve more than 80K but have no idea on current salary rates and whether it is legal to ask if I accept H1B.

Also am I entitled for promotion & higher salary (say after 6 months or 1 year) if I am on H1B and as per LCA my title is Software Developer. I am currently working as Project Manager.

Comment

Salary Oh! Salary

Min wages in NJ is around 50K. I feel i deserve more than 80K but have no idea on current salary rates and whether it is legal to ask if I accept H1B.

Also am I entitled for promotion & higher salary (say after 6 months or 1 year) if I am on H1B and as per LCA my title is Software Developer. I am currently working as Project Manager.

---- Check out the website paycheckcitydotcom. Compute your taxes for the state, salary and taxes. You will understadn a little more.

---- Titles, ranks, earnings do not mean anything if you start saying that I am worth more than 'X' amount of dollars. Everything is relative

---- If you feel your are paid less, do not join them. Seek better opportunities and wait

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by r4zeal View Post
          Hi,

My H1B is in process by my employer. I have near 8 years of experience with 2 years in Project management. I am currently working as Project Manager in offshore center at Delhi.

Can anyone give guidance on what should be my salary if I get H1B stamping and go to US (New Jersey).

I know it depends on case to case basis, but I want to ensure that i don't fall in low salary range and struggle to survive. I am married and my spouse H4 is also in process along with my H1B.

Looking forward for your replies.

Also, any good web-links providing this information would be of great help.

--
          Rahul

One amazing site I have found on h1b salary is salary talk.org/search... you can search salary based on your job title

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X