Regarding H1B tranfer and new employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1B tranfer and new employment

I am currently working on my H1b status. I am planning to change company. I got offer letter from new company and they have already filed for H1B transfer. I have to notify my current employer at least 2 weeks in advance before i can leave this job and join new company. Now my new employer is saying I have to wait until approval of my h1b. Now if for some reason my H1B is not not approved for transfer what will be the status of my current job. will i be out of status? Is there a chance that h1b transfer will not be approved? I really appreciate your answer. Thank you.

Originally posted by mahatoramh1b
    I am currently working on my H1b status. I am planning to change company. I got offer letter from new company and they have already filed for H1B transfer. I have to notify my current employer at least 2 weeks in advance before i can leave this job and join new company. Now my new employer is saying I have to wait until approval of my h1b. Now if for some reason my H1B is not not approved for transfer what will be the status of my current job. will i be out of status? Is there a chance that h1b transfer will not be approved? I really appreciate your answer. Thank you.

Not sure why your emlpoyer is asking you to wait until your h1b approved. If the h1b transfer is in normal process that will take 3- 4 months. Anyway, if your transfer doesn't approve, it won't create any problem on your current H1B. You won't be out of status.

Comment

enigmatic10me

Originally posted by enigmatic10me
      Not sure why your emlpoyer is asking you to wait until your h1b approved. If the h1b transfer is in normal process that will take 3- 4 months. Anyway, if your transfer doesn't approve, it won't create any problem on your current H1B. You won't be out of status.
      Thank you for quick reply.

They informed me that they have done the premium processing. Do you know the timeline for premium processing cases? i mean the average timeline. Thank you once again.

Comment

Originally posted by mahatoramh1b
        Thank you for quick reply.

They informed me that they have done the premium processing. Do you know the timeline for premium processing cases? i mean the average timeline. Thank you once again.

less than 15 days

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatic10me
          less than 15 days
          Is it 15 business days or just everyday including weekends? Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X