Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appear for H1B stamping at Chennai , with client agreements and NO CLient letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appear for H1B stamping at Chennai , with client agreements and NO CLient letter

Hi Guys -
    My fiancee has her H1B approved with COS from Oct 1,2008.She is currently on L1 status in USA and going back off shore to India end of July 2008.

I am on H1 status in USA since Oct 1,2006.

We are getting married on Sep 1,2008 and we are planning to go to Chennai US Consulate for H1B stamping on Sep 5,2008

Here are my questions

- Regarding H1B stamping for my fiancee ( employer is a consulting firm with 75 employees + $5 million turnover ) here are the documents we are able to furnish
    - Original form I-797
    - I129 petition
    - Labor Condition Application
    - Offer letter from SmartIMS
    - Letter to US Consulate in regards to issuance of H1B visa
    - Education evaluation copy
    - SmartIMS corporate brochure
    - Sealed envelope that reads confidential for Company tax returns
    - Client agreements that the company has with big clients such as Meryll Lynch etc with details regarding terms

Employer is not able to furnish project specifics document or client letter that bears my fiancees name since she has not yet appeared for any client interview. He also said if the VO asks what project she will be working on , she can say it will be a client side project. If the vO asks if she has any client letter , she can say that my employer gave me a bunch of client agreements that they signed and i will be placed with one of those clients.

Note : Employer has given about 6 client agreements , and each agreement is 7 pages long

How risky is it to appear for H1B stamping with no end client letter or project specific documentation ?

You never know if the consular officer will ask for it or not. If you dont have it that means you dont have a project and so you dont have a job.

***No SEALED ENVELOPES are allowed inside the consulate.***

Those 6 client agreements are not documents guaranteeing about the job.

Comment

My experience

There is no risk. Either they provide the visa, if not they ask you to provide the project documentation/client letter which you have to get from her employer and submit it via vfs drop box service along with the 221g they issue.

If you can get the details from her employer quickly, then you can get the visa too stamped quickly.

Chennai consulate is very particular about the project details.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by JStone
        There is no risk. Either they provide the visa, if not they ask you to provide the project documentation/client letter which you have to get from her employer and submit it via vfs drop box service along with the 221g they issue.

If you can get the details from her employer quickly, then you can get the visa too stamped quickly.

Chennai consulate is very particular about the project details.
        Thanks , i also heard Chennai consulate is very particular about project specifics. Did you have to sbumit project specifics through drop box ?

Comment

Yeah, I am yet to collect the details from my employer. I will be submitting them soon using the drop box service.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X