Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer before starting first job

Hi,

I am currently in the US and is on L1 B visa. Last year I had filed for an H1 B visa and got it approved. I should be able to work on H1B from Oct 2008. However I heard from someone that before I start working on H1 for the company which filed my petition I can get it transfered to another company (if I have a new job offer). I am not sure whether this is a correct information or someone is just making noise. If you can help me it would be really great.

Thanks
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Yes, that is correct.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

H1b transfer before starting first job

Thanks for your information above. Can you please explain how it is done?
      How will the H-1 transfer get done? I am in similar situation - I have a H-1B approved valid form Oct 2008, can I get it transfered to another company if I get an offer from the new company? What about the pay stubs?
      I am currently in the US working on L-1B

Comment

There is no special process to get this done. New company applies for a transfer proving that you were cap counted in the past by providing a copy of your I797 approval or an online case status print out or a visa stamp from your passport.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X