Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay stubs for H-1 B Visa Extension

Hi,
    I have like most others, my Paystubs as printouts downloaded from my company's intranet in US. We do not get separate hard copies. Do I need to get them notarized or authenticated by the Company's HR dept for my H-1 Extension stamping?

In case of notarization, is it required to get documents notarized from Indian Notary OR notarizations by US notaries are acceptable?

Thanks for any help.
    Msquare29

I believe ..

... these should be okay, no other notarization required.

Even if you do want to get them notarized for extra safety, get them from any notary near your place or from the bank.

Good luck.

Comment

How will the notary verify the information? What will serve as the source in this case?

Comment

Most of the "Notarized" ...

... documents in United States are usually those where the signature is notarized, but not the information on the document itself.

Take care.

Comment

Oh right! I was not thinking straight

Comment

All questions are good questions ...

... this helps send information to many.

Have a nice evening.

Best regards.

Comment

Thanks for your advice..

...and I appreciate your responses,

I feel I will get them notarized any way,
              secondly if I were to notarize them in India, again the question comes as to "how are they going to verify the contents?"

Will also check with my employer if they can give me some letter on their letterhead attesting my paystubs.

Thanks again
              Msquare29

Comment

Any documents ...

... you send from United States need to be notarized in the US.

You actually notarize your signature in front of the notary, the document's information itself may not be notarized. This is especially true if you go to the bank.

If you go to a private notary then a copy of a document can be verified to be true based on the original presented to the notary.

Goo luck.

Comment

Notarization doesn't tell squat about the authenticity of the documents. Notary just confirms you signed in his/her presence. Get docs notarized only if you have access to a free notary service. Otherwise, it is plain and simple useless and waste of money. Get out of the belief that notarization adds value to your documents. It does not unless you are signing something that needs a notary signature explicitly.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Txh1b ...

... is absolutely correct. Since you're verifying only your signature the document itself is not cross-checked.

In some cases, like OCI application (India), they actually accept self attested documents, where you just sign in ink on the copies and that's considered valid.

Take care.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X