Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b expires but PED still vaild

Hi,

My H1b expires on 12th December but my Petition End date still valid till 30 Sep 2009, Now the problem is that I have to go to India in the end of November for my marriage and probably will be there till 12th december and maybe more than that. Is it advisable to stay beyond 12 December in India or should I come back just before 12 so that I can re enter US without going thru the process of restamping. Pls advice on this.

Thanks,

The visa expiration date will be the last day you will be allowed into US. You need to keep in mind that flights could get canceled leaving you stranded somewhere. Get a visa stamp or enter early than the last day.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Now I am planning to for visa stamping and then enter US now my question is can I get visa stamping of myself and my wife at the same time , is there any requirement that my visa should be valid for a longer time before providing the visa to my wife, or do I first need to get my visa renewed and then separately apply for my wives VISA.

Originally posted by txh1b
      The visa expiration date will be the last day you will be allowed into US. You need to keep in mind that flights could get canceled leaving you stranded somewhere. Get a visa stamp or enter early than the last day.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X