Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question by my H1B employer

Hi there,

I am working in US on L1 visa, and my H1B got approved for the year 2008, my employer is asking me to send I9 information, which i am a bit confused, why do i have to provide him with I9 information now itself, if i provide him the same, my existing I9 might not be active.

I had asked him to apply for fresh H1, even then he had applied for COS and unfortunately, situations are forcing me to break existing relation with my parent company (L1 working company) and making me to get started with H1B this Oct itself, i asked him for some to resign my existing company but he is keeping me in clouds and kind of forcing me to do asap, please advice.

Another question is, he had sent me an EAC H1b Approval number, could it be a chance that i might be corned by him, because no where i can see my name by using this EAC number.

Originally posted by tarooon

Another question is, he had sent me an EAC H1b Approval number, could it be a chance that i might be corned by him, because no where i can see my name by using this EAC number.
    You be the judge of how trustworhty your employer is. EAC number may/may not belong to anyone other than you.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

How He Can apply COS with out I94

Have you given I-94 at the time of application??
      I think if you will provide I-94 while filing H1B then only it can be filed as COS.

It might be possible now he is trying to convert from CP to COS by using your I-94(As you are present in USA)

Dont provide I-94.
      Ask him how he has applied your application.

Comment

thank you for your response, unfortunately yes, he did take my I94 while applying, i was pretty new to these all stuff, now i feel like i am stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by tarooon
          thank you for your response, unfortunately yes, he did take my I94 while applying, i was pretty new to these all stuff, now i feel like i am stuck.
          Do not panic if you want to continue with L1B then check this -

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X