Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1b to H1b without working for employer filed H1b

Hi There,

I am on L1 working for Company 'A' , but Company 'B' applied H1b with COS with out my notice . I want to continue working on L1.

I read most of responses and got the asnwer , but have bit of doubt:
    1. What is leap frog , is it going out of USA before 30th Sep and comming back after OCT1 to retain L1 staus.
    2.By doing #1 ,I guess my H1b will still be valid , pls confirm.
    3.Can my current employer do transfer of H1b , even though I never worker for 'B' and continue working for 'A' , if yes , can it be done before or after OCT1st?

Sorry if I am asking the same question again.
    rgds,
    Rakhi Pandey

Yes, Yes, Yes

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thx a ton txh1b

Thx a ton txh1b

Comment

Thanks TXH1B.
        Could you explain point# 3 in more details about when it is ideal to transfer the H1B before Oct 01 or after Oct 01 ?

Suppose if tries to transfer the approved COS H1B to company "C" and it is in the process with USCIS and now a person is doing leap frog for L1B, will this have any impact to H1B transfer ?

I heard travel should not be done when visa is being processed ?

Comment

There is no special process for H1b transfer. It is still the same. All you have to provide is proof of cap count in the form of an approval notice or something that confirms it.

Leapfrog will not impact anything. The timing of transfer or COS will have to be planned accordingly as any travel would void a COS application.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X