Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa recepit not received

Hello,

My H1B got picked up in lottery and was sent for processing on May 05 2008.
    I asked my employer to send me the receipt number and he sent it through email.
    I keep verifying it everyday on the USCIS website and its shos "your case was received on May 05 2008 and it is pending".

Just to verify that the receipy number is mine, I asked them to send me the copy of the receipt number. They did not send it yet.
    How do I know if this receipty number belongs to me ? I guess only employers and lawyers know it.

I have heard that to prevent attrition, they do not give the receipt number or the approved case papers till the employee joins them. Is this true ?

Could you tell me what should I do ?

Please help !!!

Thanks.

What you heard is true.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

any idea of what my plan of action should be ?
      I've paid for H1B.

Comment

Originally posted by Harsh1
        any idea of what my plan of action should be ?
        I've paid for H1B.
        Good. You have involved yourself in illegal practice of paying for your H1b. Now, you have no option but to face it. Read other threads as to what can be done.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X