Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 To H1

Hello,

I am currently in F1 (OPT) and I am planning to go for my stamping in end of Aug/ Sept.
    I heard that once my passport is stamped, the F1 status will no longer be valid and I will not be allowed to enter US until Oct 1 from when my H1 starts.

I would really appreciate if can help me out in this regard. Is this true ?
    I am yet to book my appt and I will do accordingly.
    thanks
    mridula

Yes, that is most likely true as the F1 will be canceled when the H1b is being stamped. You will be allowed 10 days before H1 kicks in.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

hi again

thanks very much for your reply. So it will be ok if I plan to go in the last week of sept .. am i correct ?
      I am also going to India in Oct and I dont want to get it stamped there since there are more complications in India (thats wat I heard)
      so i prefer to get it done in last week of sept.. please let me know if that will be ok

thanks a lot again
      mridula

Comment

That should be fine. You can enter on H1b anytime after Sept 21st.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks so much for your help !
          mridula

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X