Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Travel When H1B Is Approved But Not Stamped

Hi,

I have a valid B1 visa and I will be travelling to US from the 15th of August, 2008 to the 19th of September, 2008. I also have my H1B petition approved, but I am yet to stamp the same. I am planning to attend the Visa interview in October 2008 after I come back from the US. My question is, can I travel to the US on a B1 in the time period I mentioned or Will any problems arise at port of entry.

Thanks and regards,
    India Candidate

I have a valid B1 visa and I will be travelling to US from the 15th of August, 2008 to the 19th of September, 2008. I also have my H1B petition approved, but I am yet to stamp the same. I am planning to attend the Visa interview in October 2008 after I come back from the US. My question is, can I travel to the US on a B1 in the time period I mentioned or Will any problems arise at port of entry.

---- Yes, you can travel

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks man.

Comment

Urgent!

Hi,
        I am in the same boat. Only thing is my employer is in the US. He asked me to travel on B1 for some business meetings and technical discussions. I will be coming to India or travel to Canada for H1 stamping. Please let me know what do I tell at the port of entry for this kind of situation?
        Is it ok if I tell the officer that I am here for business meetings and technical discussions and I will be leaving after 2 months to India.
        Please let me know.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X