Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer and Restamping in India

Hi,
    I would like to create this link for providing some information from different people who has the experience about the H1 Transfer and Restamping issues while visiting India after transfer.

My Question is..
    I came to USA in Nov 2007 on Employer A sponsership. So I had my passport with stamped with the name of 'A'. In April, 2008, I transferred my H1 to Employer B. I got my new H1 approval and I have my new I797 with me.I am working with Employer B now since 4 months.

I am planning to go to India this august to bring my family. My problem is my family is not yet get stamped for H4. So they need to attend for H4 visa stamping in august in India. Also I am thinking to attend for my Visa stamping with the name of 'B'. Here my question is should I really need to restamp again with new employer(B) or not? My stamping on passport with old employere(A) is valid till 2010 Dec. If yes, Can you please tell me the what exact documents that I need to carry for my H1 re-stamping and for my family(wife and kid) H4 stamping at one time.

Appreciate for clear and correct information soon.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sundar
    [email protected]
    Last edited by lovelysundar; 07-30-2008, 12:28 PM.

For H4 stamping docs, refer to immihelp main page and follow links under H1/H4.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1 Transfer and restamping

Hi,

Thanks for the kind reply.,

I saw the list of documents in immihelp site., but my concern is is the Employer's Tax returns and Unemployment Wage Reports documents are needed really? Because my employer is saying he won't provide these two documents until and unless if any official request is there as these are confidential to the company.

I also saw in the consulate general, chennai site., the list of documents required for H1/H4 but they did not mention any of these docs are required.

I am confusing. If we go to stamping without these two documents, will it be problem?

Please suggest.,

Sundar.

Comment

It may not be needed for renewals and first time stamping would need it if requested by VO.

They also have instructions on confidential documents submission. The employer can send it with a notation "destroy after interview" and VO will destroy it.

It also tells me that the employer is trying to hide something.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1 Transfer and Restamping

Well,

Thanks for the kind reply.,

I have one more doubt. If we go to consulate interview., and unluckily if we get some 221 query., Can I travel back to USA with my existing stamping (which is valid till 2010 December)?? or no.

Please suggest!!
          Sundar

Comment

Yes, you can.

Comment

H1 Transfer and Restamping

Hi Txh1b,

I really appreciate your prompt reply for the questions of ppl like me.

keep it up.

Thanks and regards,
              Sundar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X