Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 B to H1B - Do not want to change Employer

Hello,

I'm currently working with Employer A on an L1 B Visa & I've got my H1B Visa approval in this year's lottery. However I'm having a lot of issues with the employer/consultant who has sponsored by H1 B & I do not wish to join him even though I need the H1 B visa.

Is there any way that I get the H1B Visa & continue with the current employer without joining the consultancy who is getting the H1B Visa for me? Is it permittable by Law to transfer my H1B to the current employer?

Please let me know.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Are you saying I can?

Are you saying "Yes" I can continue with my current employer after getting the H1B from a consultancy?

Comment

No, read the many other posts that have same topic as to how to retain the L1 and what happens to the H1b.

Search for leapfrog on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

No TXh1B, Here getyats007 does not want to retain his L1 status to do leap frog. But he wanted to work with the same employer but on H1 (without joining with the consultant who sponsered his H1)

can he do that mr.txh1b?
          getyats007 ..correct if i am wrong, understanding ur case?

Comment

Originally posted by devenderthota
            No TXh1B, Here getyats007 does not want to retain his L1 status to do leap frog. But he wanted to work with the same employer but on H1 (without joining with the consultant who sponsered his H1)

can he do that mr.txh1b?
            getyats007 ..correct if i am wrong, understanding ur case?
            Well, if that is the case, it was not clearly mentioned by OP. To me, it sounded like OP wanted to continue on L1 but still have the H1b for future use.

Anyone wanting to do that can have their L1 employer or any other employer of choice transfer their H1b from the already approved employer to the new employer before Oct 1st. No paystubs are needed but proof of current status being maintained will be needed. One needs to provide proof of cap count in the form of H1b approval notice I797 copy or printout of online case status.
            Last edited by txh1b; 07-30-2008, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Thank you !

Yes...this is exactly what I was looking for..Thanks for responding !

Comment

Is it Possible to transfer approved H1B to another EMP after OCT???

Originally posted by txh1b
                Well, if that is the case, it was not clearly mentioned by OP. To me, it sounded like OP wanted to continue on L1 but still have the H1b for future use.

Anyone wanting to do that can have their L1 employer or any other employer of choice transfer their H1b from the already approved employer to the new employer before Oct 1st. No paystubs are needed but proof of current status being maintained will be needed. One needs to provide proof of cap count in the form of H1b approval notice I797 copy or printout of online case status.
                """"Anyone wanting to do that can have their L1 employer or any other employer of choice transfer their H1b from the already approved employer to the new employer before Oct 1st."""""

Is it possible to transfer after OCT???In march or later without paystubs because i am not planing to join my employer and will come to USA on different visa either B1 or L1.

Thanks

Comment

You should know paystubs indicate status. If you are not in US, paystubs are not needed. If you are in US on a status that requires mandatory work like L1, H1, then an application to transfer the visa or COS to another status requires paystubs to prove that staus is being maintained.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
                    You should know paystubs indicate status. If you are not in US, paystubs are not needed. If you are in US on a status that requires mandatory work like L1, H1, then an application to transfer the visa or COS to another status requires paystubs to prove that staus is being maintained.
                    Thanks TxH1B ...
                    I got my answer
                    If i will be there in USA then i should have proof for valid status(Paystubs) and on the basis of that i can transfer H1B anytime after Oct.

If i will transfer before Oct or from out of USA then it can be done without paystub.

Pls confirm :

Comment

Originally posted by H1Lucky
                      Thanks TxH1B ...
                      I got my answer
                      If i will be there in USA then i should have proof for valid status(Paystubs) and on the basis of that i can transfer H1B anytime after Oct.

If i will transfer before Oct or from out of USA then it can be done without paystub.

Pls confirm :
                      Yes. That is correct.

If you are in US on some other status like H4, L2 that does not require one to work, then a COS to H1b at a later date does not require paystubs of the person but the actual status holder that gives the dependent status to the person applying for COS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X