Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping - Toronto got 214(b)

Hello friends,

one of my indian friend studying in Canada, he went for H1B stamping - Toronto.

VO asked few qestion and tell him to give your CV.

VO - where you done your master (MCA)? Ans - India.

VO - wait for 10 Minuts.

VO - give 214(b) and told him we are not able to verify from toronto as you done your master in India, you should apply from your Home country (India) where you finished your study.

NOTE : Not any stamp on passport and give back I797 +214(b).

What does 214(b) means? is it rejection?
    Last edited by patelbhupi; 07-31-2008, 12:39 PM.

Yes, it is a rejection.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks Sir for ypur reply,

but if it is a rejection they why VO told to my friend that you go to India and apply for stamping? VO asked to my friend we are ot able to verify your document as you finished in India, you shoud go to India and apply for visa H1B

why they give back I797 form?

Comment

I'm not sure I understand your concern. Every third country consulate could refuse a visa and direct a person to the home consulate. It is a refusal if you want to call it so or not.

A refusal is different from a revoke where the consulate keeps the I797 and sends to USCIS to revoke it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Basically, the consulate where you applied for the visa refused to process your case since they could not verify your degree etc. which was from India. You can apply for the same once again at a consulate closest to your home city in your home country.

Comment

Originally posted by orion
            Basically, the consulate where you applied for the visa refused to process your case since they could not verify your degree etc. which was from India. You can apply for the same once again at a consulate closest to your home city in your home country.
            Thanks again,
            m last question is on I797 form indicate canada visa office address, now if he is going to home country (India - Mumbai) then Indian embassy accept I797 form?

Comment

Thanks again,
              m last question is on I797 form indicate canada visa office address, now if he is going to home country (India - Mumbai) then Indian embassy accept I797 form?

Comment

Now from India my friend got Visa

Originally posted by patelbhupi View Post
                Thanks again,
                hi
                - after all above process my friend came back to india and went to US embassy for H1b stamping and he got visa

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X