Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***H1B Transfer to a new employer - Very Urgent***

Hi All
    I am currently working for a company A and got H1 visa on 10/2004 and expired 10/2007. Company A applied for renewal and got it approved till 03/2010.
    So I am in H1B renewal state with company A.
    I got an offer with company B, and planning to transfer my H1b.

Q1> Is it legal to transfer H1b without getting stamped on the renewal visa (since I did not leave country after gettting the renewal).
    Q2> Do I need to get the H1 transfer approval from company B to resign from company A?
    Q3> Company B is asking me join on Aug 18th, and I am sending the H1b transfer papers tomorrow.So how long it take to get a H1b transfer confirmation?
    Q4> Is fedex confirmation enough to resign company A and to join company B?

Some one please clarify me the best solution asap.
    Last edited by tnrao5; 08-01-2008, 03:51 AM.

1. Yes
    2. Not really. Depends on how much risk you want to take. Go for premium processing and get the transfer done in 15 days. You can legally work for B after the paperwork reaches USCIS.
    3. A delivery is good enough to start work.
    4. Yes. Read 2.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you very much for your prompt response and I appreciate your help....

Comment

H1 Transfer

Hi,

I have a H1 Visa which is valid till Oct 2008, and presently i am out of US, and i want to transfer and extend my current Visa. I left US in April 2008, and i have my last pay checks till April 2008.
        Can any one kindly suggest me, how to extend my H1 from outside US.
        Also i left my employer who sponsered the existing visa.

Regards

Kumar

Comment

There is no special process to extend the H1b. It is the usual H1b process and as you are outside the US, there is no need for paystubs. The employer can take care of it if they intend to extend the H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for your prompt response.

But my The following are my questions:

1) As my Current Visa is valid till oct-2008, do i need to apply for extention before it expires? (I left my the employer who sponsered my existing Visa)

2) For Visa Extension, what are the documents required from my side.

3) Can i extend my Visa from outside USA through different employer?

Regards

Kumar

Comment

1. No. A new H1b that is not subject to cap can be processed if you have not used the entire 6 years earlier when you are ready to come to US again to work.
              2. Same as any H1b
              3. Yes

Search the forum for "remainder" and go through the older posts.

Comment

Please advise me, till what time i can extend my visa?
                Presently i am in middle east, is it possible to attend visa stamping from here?

Regards
                kumar

Comment

Did you do what I asked you to do?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X