Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important - Need help.

Hello,
    With my recent communication with the consultant who is sponsoring my H1B, he says that my H1B has been selected but he has not given me any receipt number or application number of my application.

He is not answering any of my phones since almost last 10-15 days. I've heard of other people as well facing the same issue & we are bound to think that it might be a fraud. I need help with 3 questions :

1. Is it possible to contact USCIS and ask if an application was made in my name without knowing the application number?

2.What all options are available to lodge a complaint with the police/Dept of Labor against this consultant, If it turns out to be a fraud?

3. What is generally the last date of the interviews to be conducted for the Visa? - This will just help me understand that how much time shd I wait before lodging a complaint.

Thanks in advance for all your help !

1. No
    2. Why did you pay for it? Google for WH4 + DOL.
    3. There is no such thing as last date.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Can you tell us the company name? So that others wont do the same mistake in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by sachih1
        Can you tell us the company name? So that others wont do the same mistake in the future?
        Not a good idea as immihelp might get hit with attorney notice. Does not hurt though as immihelp need not act on it until they hear from the company.

People should start taking responsibility for their actions. Why should the government help when you decide to violate the laws on your own free will?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

You may not enter if there is no valid job offer.

Look at any check you might have submitted with the application to see if there is a receipt number on it.

Comment

Originally posted by C4us
            You may not enter if there is no valid job offer.

Look at any check you might have submitted with the application to see if there is a receipt number on it.
            I doubt if the employer will be foolish enough to submit a check from the applicant to USCIS as it is illegal to collect most part of the fee for H1b.

Comment

But how did you pay for H1B? Through Cash or Cheque ?
              If it by cheque, you should have the cheque number and you can file a complaint against the employer.

If it's paid by cheque, what H1 sponsor will do is, get the money in his account and issue a new cheque to USCIS while filing H1.

Comment

Possible Fraud..not yet sure..

Well, I'm consolidating all the questions/answers below :

1. I cannot disclose the name rightnow, but will surely do once I'm sure that its a fraud..I know if he never gets in touch with me befor October, its a fraud & I would go ahead with a police/dol complaint. I'm still thinking that he might not be returning any calls because people might be asking him for the refund money and he wants to delay it? Just another hope that he turns up after sometime.

2. Why did I pay for it? - Well, as every new worker in the US, I was asked for a security deposit which was said to be refundable. The company said to be in Business from 2001 & everything looked to be promising till 1st June until everyone discovered that he is all of a sudden not returning/picking up any calls. As I said, there are a lot more people apart from me who have applied through him and all are complaining about the same issues what I am.

3. How did I pay for It? - Yes, I did pay a check to the Consultant..and thats why I know that the cops can track him down since it was a bank transfer. I do have all the emails proving the same. He in-turn applied for my H1B and never gave me the check details nor the application number.

If anyone of you have been harassed or went through the same situation as I am..please let me know any tips/hints which may be of help to me/anyone else who faces a similar kind of issue.

Comment

I was in a similar situation and from experience if he is ignoring your calls or giving lame reasons, he has not filed your h1. Any company which asks you to pay for the h1, are frauds and big scam. If he cant pay for your h1, how is he going to pay your salary? Find a lawyer and pull up this fool. Must be a Indian consulting company for sure.
                  Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X