Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh H1 from L1

Hi,

I searched through a lot of threads for the scenario I'm facing. But I couldn't find answers to all my questions.

Could you please answer my doubts or send me links to threads which do the same.

I'm on L1 with company X (a company in India) and my FRESH H1 is approved, applied by company Y (in USA). I need to visit India in Dec-Jan this year on personal reasons. Also I've to give a 2 weeks notice in US to Company X before I resign. If I get my H1 stamped during my visit to India, my L1 will be canceled. That means I'll have to resign 2 weeks ahead of my vacation, in Dec'08. I want to resign after I come back from India, so that I've a paid vacation.

My doubts are as follows:
    1) Can I get my H1 stamped from Mexico?
    2) If H1 is rejected, would my L1 be still valid?
    3) Why would my H1 be rejected in Mexico? what can be the reasons?
    4) Is there a way to get my H1 stamped, then resign??

Thanks,
    RB

1. You could try. No gurantees whatsoever.
    2. Yes
    3. As the degree is not verifiable if you don't have US education.
    4. Not possible. You have to take a chance as once H1b is tamped, The L1 will most likely get stamped as cancelled.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for you reply.

I'm pursuing my Masters from US. Would showing that help, my stamping from Mexico??

Is there a way to show the same during my stamping?

Comment

You can take your chances. Many people do and get it done successfully.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Once I get my H1 stamped, my L1 would be canceled. I would enter US on H1. Can I work with the company sponsoring my L1 for 1-2 weeks??

Comment

Originally posted by imrads
            Can I work with the company sponsoring my L1 for 1-2 weeks??
            Only ILLEGALLY

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X